Friday, October 11, 2013

RED


I want to talk about one concert I went to in September.  This was Taylor Swift.  I know she annoys the crap out of some people and its really mainstream and to be honest I didn’t like her until her most recent album, “red” came out. Despite what anyone thinks of her, I am 99% sure that anyone could enjoy some aspect of her live show.  We bought the tickets a full year in advance and the tickets were quite pricey.  Over the year I kind of stopped listening to her music all the time unless I just happened upon it.  My mom bought the tickets on the day of the presale and in a matter of seconds the tickets had been on sale it was a sold out show.  After a year of anticipation the day finally came.  Ed sheeran, who I liked a lot before opened and he’s awesome live too.  And its not like he had a huge crew of back up singers or a band or anything.  It was just him, his guitar and the stage.  And he just sang in his cute little British accent.  And you could tell he just was going with the flow because he decided “I want to sing this tonight” and just burst into Britney Spears’ “hit me baby one more time”. 
There’s this thing that Taylor swift does, where she has people go search for girls that are decked out in fan stuff and they pick them to go to the pit and meet her (we just cut up red t-shirts).  Don’t get your hopes up though-we didn’t get picked.  Its not like we had great seats or anything, we were up in the top level of the arena, and still the scouts came up there with TAYLOR SWIFTS MOM.  We immediately ran down (so did everyone else) and hugged her.  And let me get this straight- she made eye contact with me and SHE initiated the hug, not me.  We were all really star stuck after that (after all, that women who just hugged us created Taylor swift).   
Anyway, she opened with “state of grace” which is one of my favorite songs to belt out in the shower passionately.  She mainly sang songs from her new album, but she threw some oldies in there too like “you belong with me”, “mean” (my all time favorite tswift song), and some others.  She is just such a great performer.  She moves around the entire show and the stage set up is just perfection.  Anyone would enjoy this.  She went to a stage in the back, which I recommend trying to get your seats there if you can.  This stage raised up and down and spun around and she sand “everything has changed” with ed. She also is on a pedestal and flies around the audience with nothing but an iron crowbar holding her in.  It was great.  She’s a wonderful person, entertainer and storyteller and I loved it, even being way up in the stands.  I promise, anyone, I mean anyone, would enjoy it.
-Claire

Links
“You need me I don’t need you” by Ed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXvzzTICvJs


“Everything has changed” by Ed and Taylor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1oM3kQpXRo

No comments:

Post a Comment